Friday, September 6, 2013

Take Chances


My dad once said to me “get to know more people, and establish your friendships”. Now I remember in one of my past blogs, I’ve said that Friendship is the foundation of a great relationship. The one thing I tell other people is to “Take Chances”. So this blog will explain much of what I mean. For starters, I’ve heard people say “she isn’t my type”, “he isn’t my type.” “I only date certain people”. Okay so if you’ve ever said something like that, basically what you are saying to yourself is that you are too comfortable in your “comfort zone”. You have to find ways to get out of your comfort zone, and trust yourself for better opportunities that awaits. I’ve watched a few episodes of MTV’s “The Friend-Zone”(In which later on I will talk about that subject.), and I’ve seen “friends” who have taken that ultimate step and committing themselves into a new relationship. Now not to go into details on this subject, but the fact that they’ve decided to take a chance to see where things might go is what I applaud most.  Folks, do you have the doubt in your stomach? Suppose you would want to ask someone out on a date. But you fear that he/she will say “No”. Okay so you’re thinking that, but the question is have you tried???  

If you want something to be done whether it’s action needed for a cause, it takes YOU to step up to the plate. Back when I was in JROTC, a term that was constantly drilled in my head was “Be Initiative”. As you can see, YOU have to be willing to take the initiative of yourself if you ever want to see something change. The one small thing that sets us back from taking big steps forward in life, jobs, relationships, and other stuff is our past. We must NOT let the past dictate our mind and say we can’t accomplish goals. The best way to accomplish goals is to keep trying. The more we fail, the more we have to keep getting back up and try again. It’s similar to a baby learning how to walk. When a baby sees people walking, a baby will mimic, but what happens? The baby falls down. The baby is taking a chance to walk. The baby is constantly trying until the baby accomplishes one of its first goals.

Taking chances is not just about accomplishments, but it’s about “trying” to pursue for a greater outcome with yourself.  Ask yourself this question, would you do something and regret the things you’ve done? Or regret not doing the things you wished to do when you had the chance of doing so? The best things in life happen because of the doors you are opening for yourself and others around you.  Don’t regret not being able to do things because of the fear holding you back.  If you don’t take chances, you will never know what the outcome could be. If the outcome isn’t what you hoped for, learn from it. But the best thing you can say to yourself is “At least I tried and never gave up”. Trust yourself and always have Faith.




No comments:

Post a Comment