Friday, October 18, 2013

Reflecting on Life: Great Blessings On The Past


There are times in our lives where are number one goal is to aim for what the future may have in store, but we forget to stop and let things really sink in. One of the things we all know is that we must place our past behind us and move forward. I use that quote a lot, but only if the things in your past were not all that pleasant. I’ve heard many college students say that they can’t wait to move out of the house. But the moment they’re in college, they realize how grateful they are for their parents and family in their lives who are there for them. Now I know not everyone has had the best family, but I can say that you should be blessed that you had a family that didn’t give you up to someone else. Be blessed that you lived in a house, and had food to eat. Even though sometimes things didn’t work out, and you had to stand up to be the man/woman of the house, you can use that to teach YOUR child to be better people. What you learn from the past can benefit how you are willing to fix it for the future.

I can admit that there were times I wanted to give up, but I never stopped trying. Even when things get bad, I always had to make decisions on what’s best. I also had to stop and count my blessings. Know this right here…. When you’re going through a hard time and is on the edge of giving up, think about the past where you were placed in the same situations and called on God to get you through. Did He get you through? If so, what makes you think He won’t deliver you from your current situations? You have to trust yourself and not worry about the outcome. Faith IS believing the impossible by not seeing. So in other words, stop and be happy about things. Count all of the great blessings of your past, and know that if you have gotten this far, there are more doors waiting to be open. Keep going on your journey non-stop.  Find new opportunities to branch out to.  

From time to time I often think about how much of a blessing life has been. Memories of the past shared with great friends, and family is something I wouldn’t trade in the world. Everyone who I met has impact me and taught me things from here and there in which I am thankful for. If you take the moment and reflect on life and the past, just forget about the bad stuff, and start thinking of all the wonderful things that mattered most to you. Family, Friends, the good memories you had growing up, many blessings that were outpoured on you. All I can say is be grateful for what you had then, and what you have now. Even though life may seem to get hard and we all have to adapt to change everyday, just reflect on positive things from back then, and presently. If you didn’t have a good past, what can you take in the present time and make it a great lasting memory. If you’re willing to make a great memory, make it a impactful memory.  Life is very short, so use it wisely!! Life is also very beautiful if you can cherish it. Life is all around youJ

No comments:

Post a Comment